Search This Blog

Friday 12 September 2014

Train Hard, Fight Easy

I'm never entirely sure how often I'm suppose to post, but I guess when I have a thought I'd like to share, and I have the free time, sounds just about right.

To be honest, I've been studying, but majority of that is over.... Just one more paper to go, but that's only scheduled for next Thursday so for now I'll just sip on my green tea and write about how important it is to train hard, in order to fight easy.
Often times in the gym, you'll hear the coach mention that its better to fall, bleed, cry, sweat and make mistakes during training, in order to have a good, clean fight... I won't say that I've never believed it, but I will say that I've never really taken it to the heart... Until I actually sat down and thought about it.


It only makes sense, that at some point (usually the beginning or middle) of your FC, you're going to go all out, have full on sparring sessions, possibly even get beaten up... But the important part, is getting back up, figuring things out and knowing how to counter when it happens again.


I know I just made that sound so easy, but take it from me, its not. I remember a during FC before my last fight, where I just broke down in tears... I sat on the side of the ring and cried my eyes out, and all my trainer had to say was "Dry your tears and get back in the ring!". Well, it was more harsh than that, but when it comes to your best friend being your trainer, its tough-love!

I'm really grateful to have learned the lessons I have and I can honestly say that it's great learning from your own mistakes and being able to work out your own solutions to these mistakes, to ensure they don't happen again...
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment