Search This Blog

Sunday 7 September 2014

Rest Day

As with every fight camp, there's this terrible thing called "Rest Day", usually a Sunday for me, but going forward, we'll most likely see it being a day around the middle of the week.

With Cape Fight League (CFL) 07, Cape Town's biggest MMA and K1 event having happened just yesterday, all I see on my timeline is pictures and posts from the event. I love that. It usually lasts for about a week after any FN.

A typical Saturday morning starts with a 3 hour session at the gym, mostly because I have minimal time constraints and I have the entire gym to myself so I'm able to work on my own (which isn't always good), but it's the one day  that I can get away with it.

Yesterday was no different, only I had planned to spend the evening studying for my paper tomorrow, but plans arose (or rather, I'd decided to agree to proposed plans) and I'm glad I did. Going out during FC is usually such an effort because you need to watch what you eat, what you wear, where you go, what you do, etc. well, at least I do... But last night was great, I feel as if it was just what I needed.

Usually, Rest day's are just such a drag. I usually find myself craving to train, to be at the gym, to feel the burn of an intense training session... But today, it feels as if I can do with the time off. I just feel like going for a run, but I'll hold out until tomorrow because I know my body needs the break.


So today, I'm forced to study and prepare for tomorrow. I guess this is the part people call "prioritising" and "time management". You know what they say, all work and no play... but hey, that's okay because tomorrow brings a new day and a new week, to set new goals and punch them in the face!


No comments:

Post a Comment