Search This Blog

Monday 24 July 2017

No Pain, No Gain

Sure, we've all heard the saying "no pain, no gain" and it's quite true... those painful muscles are results... but when it's that first week back at gym, your adrenaline is pumping and you're over excited so you tell yourself you're going to push through the pain because of the old saying and you find that every single second, was so worth it!

From my experience, I've found that the pain serves as a reminder of how hard you worked in your training session and how much you have achieved thus far. It serves as a push mechanism, to keep the momentum going. But most importantly, it serves as a NO, when looking at that delicious cake at your friend's birthday celebration and reminding yourself that you've eaten healthy all week, you've changed your lifestyle and you feel so much healthier than what you did when you started.

For myself, eating healthy was a problem, so i started preparing my meals and buying a weekly supply of healthy snacks for when I'm at work or on the go... then it was packing my gym bag, so I'd pack it the night before and leave it in the car, so that excuse is out of the way too. Then there was the actual going to gym mission. So my bag is packed, it's in the car and I've gotten to gym... but now I sit in the car and tell myself I can come back tomorrow, I can train tomorrow, or even the day after...

This, dear friends, is the hardest part of training... getting myself to get out of my car and inside the gym, but once I'm inside, I'm surround by all these fit, lean, toned bodies... So I have to remind myself, but that'll be me one day, all I have to do is keep going to the gym.

So if you ever see me at the gym, not working as hard as I should, push me, encourage me, support me... because the mission to gym, was not easy and I know that isn't exactly your problem, but I'm certain, I am not alone.

After all of the above, a session has been attended, I have tried my best and slowly but surely, I feel my fitness level increasing and my strength improving... and we're back to square one with sore muscles and and aching body... but at the end of all this, I look back at my weekly challenges and achievements and I tell myself that I can only improve from here. I have the opportunity to look at where I went wrong and make improvements. Onwards and upwards. Happy training everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment